Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Recipe

The long story short.
The food channel played 24/7 during my lengthy stay in the Hospital.
Try to figure it out
I had no appetite and went 24 days without food.
Upon arriving home I had no desire to watch the Food Network.
Unless of course, Giada was cooking and talking to me,just me.
This recipe was inspired by Giada with a few modifications from the original.
Tired of red sauce?
Ya, right how could you be .
But just in case.
You will need the following.
Balsamic Vinegar and Butter Sauce!!
Noodles,although I recommend Ravioli but thought a good penne would suffice.
and in My case it was spinach Ravioli filled with a pesto paste and cheese.
House Blend Wine 1 Gallon
Walnuts (1/2 cup)
6 tablespoons of butter.
Balsamic vinegar. 2-3 teaspoons
Parmigiana (3 finger pinch)
Asiago (3 finger pinch)
Olive oil 2 tablespoons.
Minced Garlic
Spread walnuts on baking tray on w parchment/wax paper.
Heat in oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
When cooled, place in a food processor and surge or pulsate the blades until chopped.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
add 1 table spoon of minced garlic
Add Balsamic Vinegar,walnuts,Asiago and parmigiana
blend thoroughly and reduce heat.
Add Pasta of choice and mix thou roughly.
Serve while warm and add more cheese to your liking.
The house Blend will comp this meal well.
I settled for Grape Juice .
I was in and out of a nap while watching the segment but remembered enough to write most of it down.It turned out quite well. The olive oil/Asiago/garlic were additions.
You will have some Walnut left over and can save for another recipe or sprinkle on top of your dish for added pizazz.
Serve with a meat dish( Chicken) or paired up with a salad.