I earlier promised to re-invent myself publicly.It is not that I no longer care to fish with the gusto in which I once relished, but more a change in focus.It is said that a brush with mortality will do this.Well now I can speak from experience.It has changed me in profound ways.Those days when fourteen hours on the water was not enough and constantly tinkering with tackle and line was a daily obsession.I now truly enjoy to fish and it does not have to be all day as I found I am a bit more complex as a person.
A good book has been one of the new found joys brought back to me from my sister Gina.Long walks with my dogs started by those nurses in the hospital and a surgeon that said it will help me if I walk.Taking pictures of what is considered by most nothing but to me is completely fascinating.And than there is the newly ignited passion to cook and read about cooking and read and watch I have done.It is a long story of my days in the hospital and again at home recovering that the only thing that made me feel better was to watch and read about cooking even though I could not eat.
My wish is to share with you things that excite me.Whether it is food,fishing, food, walking,food, wine, food.O.K. you get the point.
My father and mom have taught us much and I hope to share some of those lessons with and let you come to your own conclusion.I also hope to finish a few stories started in earlier posts.I hope to make a contribution weekly but we all know how that can go.
For now enjoy..