Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Famers




Good news today for two good guys.
Tommy and Bob were both inducted to the fresh water fishing hall of fame.
I know what you are thinking.
Stats.
Who did they play for?
How many All-Star appearances?
You have got to love fishing because you are truly rewarded for how hard you work for the industry. It is not about how many fish you have caught and how many people you guided. It truly is about the impact you made with your peers,industry leaders and of course those who watched you and or used your service.
I think of all the people that I have been introduced to and often thought they should be in the Hall of Fame.My dad for one for introducing me to the outdoors,but then I think, he was just doing what he knew how to do and made sure I had that chance.
I look at Uncle Alex, Dads brother, who took me under his wing on Long Lake and Side Lake to pass along his knowledge. And I saw that they were stewards of the resource.
Who can forget Alex In the SAVE OUR LAKES signs around Chisholm.
Tommy and Bob embrace that and more.
In my business we call it: LTD, LIVING THE DREAM!!!!
I personally know Tommy and How hard he works for his sponsors.
Last year at the Duluth Show, Tommy had a tough Autumn and could barely walk but was at the show ready to go.
Bob, well he is a fanatic, When I met with Bob to go over his new line of baits it was the most intense lesson on blade baits for Musky/Pike that I have ever been involved in, unless you talk to Larry Dahlberg about why he eats Jerky and only Jerky on his international trips these days.
They now are part of an elite fraternity that I can only hope to be part of down the road.
Hats off and everyone have a good week.